At Arroyo Veterinary Hospital, we advocate for microchipping, even for indoor pets, as a precaution against potential escapes and loss. The American Humane Society reports that over 10 million dogs and cats are reported lost annually, with a significant number never reuniting with their owners.
- Microchips offer permanent identification throughout your pet's life, eliminating the risk of falling off like collars and tags.
- With a lifespan of 25 years, microchips remain functional without the need for replacement or recharging.
- Microchipping is a straightforward, minimally discomforting, and cost-effective procedure.
Importance of Microchipping:
Microchips can be quickly scanned to retrieve your information, often the initial step taken by animal control or veterinary professionals when encountering a lost animal. Having a microchip expedites the owner's identification, facilitating swift reunions. It's important to note that a microchip is effective only if your contact information is updated in the microchip registry.
The Microchipping Process:
- Consultation: Our veterinarians will thoroughly explain the microchipping process, addressing any queries or concerns you may have.
- Implantation: Using a sterile applicator, the rice-sized microchip is safely inserted under your pet's skin.
- Registration: We'll assist in registering your microchip and contact details in a national pet recovery database, ensuring accessibility and accuracy.
Take the proactive step of scheduling a microchipping appointment today to ensure your pet's security and provide enduring peace of mind.
Connect with us now to microchip your pet or learn more about the procedure!